Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Protect Yourself From Mold
Here are some tips to keep mold out of your home:
- Keep the humidity between 30 to 60 percent.
- Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations.
- Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks.
- Keep gutters and drains clear of debris.
- Inspect the roof, windows, and other areas where water might enter the building, and perform necessary maintenance.
- Respond to all water instructions immediately.
- Keep in mind mold can grow as soon as 24 to 48 hours after water damage under some conditions
The first 24 hours is the most important in water mitigation. Be sure to call as soon as you detect a leak or water damage in your home.
Contact SERVPRO of N. Vista/ San Marcos for assistance after a water damage or if you discover mold. (760)758-3454
Is Your Vista Home Growing Mold?
Mold can start growing in as little as 48 hours
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise mold removal and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today 760-758-3454
Do You Suspect Mold In Your Home?
What is mold?
Molds are simple organisms that are found indoor and outdoor. They are very small spores. The color can be anywhere from white to orange and green to black.
What does it need to grow?
To grow, mold needs food ex: leaves, paper. It also needs moisture and a place to grow.
Can you find mold in your home?
Absolutely. Sources that can cause problems for mold are flooding, leaky roofs, mud, steam from cooking, shower or bath steam/leaks, damp clothes, humidifiers.
How can you prevent mold in your home?
- Check for moisture on windows
- Check for wood warping
- See if you can smell a musty odor
- check for cracking of plasterboard
If water penetrates any of these areas, there is potential for mold growth.
All of these tips can help save you from a moldy mess!
If you suspect you have mold call:
SERVPRO of N. Vista/ San Marcos at (760)746-6440.
According to EPA requirements (40 CFR Part 745) contractors must use lead-safe work practices and follow these three simple procedures:
- Contain the work area.
- Minimize dust.
- Clean up thoroughly.
The Environmental Protection Agency requires that businesses performing renovation, repair, and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in pre-1978 homes, child care and schools be certified by the EPA.
Does Your Property Contain Lead?
Older homes and buildings are more likely to contain lead-based paint. Homes built before 1940 have a much higher chance of containing lead paint.
What You Can Do To Protect Your Family From Lead In Pre-1978 Homes
- If you rent, notify your landlord of peeling or chipping paint.
- Clean up paint chips immediately.
- Regularly clean floors, window sills, and other surfaces.
- Rinse sponges and mop heads after cleaning dirty or dusty areas.
- Wash children's hands, and toys often.
- Clean or remove shoes before entering your home to avoid tracking in lead from soil.
SERVPRO N. Vista/ San Marcos
At SERVPRO of North Vista/ San Marcos we take pride in the work we provide. We treat every call we get with the same enthusiasm and hard working attitude. It is important for us to leave our customers with an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction from the work we did. What we do is more than a "job" we create a positive experience for our customers and take the headache away during a stressful time. We are professionals in our industry and know exactly what needs to get done and we can get it done in a timely matter. We are insurance preferred because we are a trusted business. Every single employee here cares about the work they provide for a customer. Many of our reviews talk about how "extremely nice and helpful" we are. We are this way because we care immensely. We give quality work and our best efforts to every single person. Our customers satisfaction are our priority. Please take a look at our video to see what we are all about.
SERVPRO of North Vista/ San Marcos
Mold Remediation Services
When there is a flood and the water sits for an extended period of time it creates a breeding ground for mold growth. If there is a moisture issue in the building or home due to water intrusion, roof leaks, or poor humidity control, it is important to be aware of the following:
- Visible mold.
- A strong musty odor could indicate mold presence.
- Evidence of past moisture issues that could indicate previous mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
If mold is found in the home or building, mold remediation will eliminate a potentially ill situation. Our professionals will look for any signs of visible mold. Following the industry standards for mold remediation, they will work to remove visible mold inside of a containment built on-site.
If you suspect mold in your home call SERVPRO of N. Vista/ San Marcos today! (760)758-3454
Our Most Recent Mold Job Review on Yelp
This is a screenshot of Jo Dee O's review on mold removal as it appears on Yelp
As Thanksgiving approaches tomorrow, SERVPRO of N.Vista San Marcos would like to take a minute and use this blog as an opportunity to say thanks.
We would like to thank all of our wonderful customers who are kind enough to take a minute and leave us a positive review on Yelp. We know it is easier said than done and everyone is very busy in their lives. Their reviews greatly impact our business, as almost everyone goes online to check reviews on companies before they use them today. We take our reputation very serious and thanks to our customers our reviews and ratings reflects that.
Unfortunately for whatever reasons sometimes Yelp will "filter" a review and most people won't get to see it unless they know where to look. This happened recently to a review we received from Jo Dee O, who we helped with some mold removal.
We saw your review Jo Dee O and we are very thankful you left it for us and we could get you all taken care of.
Happy Thanks Giving San Diego!
How We Deal With Mold
Here at SERVPRO of North Vista/ San Marcos we see mold on a daily basis. Mold can grow where there is water damage in a matter of only three days! This photo shows one of our Crew Chiefs removing mold damaged drywall in a house in Poway, CA while wearing all of the necessary safety equipment. Below is a list of the steps that we go through when properly treating mold damaged materials:
Seal off and contain the affected area with 6ml. plastic containment
Set up an air scrubber running the negative air out of the containment
Put on all the correct safety equipment including a full body PPE suit, gloves, and respirator mask
Remove the affected or damaged material
Bag and dispose of all waste and perform an initial hepa vacuum in the areas where materials were removed
If necessary, wire brush the wood framing that was behind the removed material
Spray and scrub down the whole area with disinfectant
Conduct a final vacuum using a hepa vac