Recent Water Damage Posts
We Have the Proper Equipment
Our generator can provide power when yours is out!
To repair water damage, you must have the proper equipment.
We have it all, right at our fingertips. Even if the water damage is severe, our extraction machines are strong enough for the job. When an entire level of a home or even a commercial building is flooded, the huge extractor machines we have can get the water removed quickly. A lot of times when there is water damage, the electricity is shut off. If there is no electricity, we have our own generators to power us as we work. Our generators allow us to plug in the proper equipment we need to get the place dried out in no time. Being able to supply our own electricity allows us to get the job finished in a timely manner so you can get your home or office back to working condition ASAP!
With Water Damage, Comes Mold Growth!
Air scrubbers remove the debris and spores from the air while demo'ing.
It only takes 24-48 HOURS for mold to begin growing. That is why it is so vital that you get water damage cleaned up the moment it happens. If not, it can create breeding grounds for mold, especially if it's a hot water leak.
Did you know professionals need certifications to do mold remediation in your home or property?
Our team is professionally trained! If you have mold infesting your property, SERVPRO has the knowledge, equipment, and proper certifications to get rid of it.
Need flooring removed?
While this may take other companies weeks to do, we can pull up any type of flooring in one or two days and in some cases, a few shorts hours. We have a floor removal machine that removes any type of flooring in a breeze. Where some companies have to use crow bars and weeks of manual labor, we are able to get the flooring removed in hours or days depending on the size of the rooms. That's a huge amount of time saved!
SERVPRO of N. Vista/ San Marcos (760)758-3454
First Responder Awareness
Our team does cleanest work!
- It reduces losses of life and property.
- It enables people to recover faster from a disaster.
- It lessens the financial impact of disasters.
SERVPRO professionals focus on reducing loss, enabling quick recoveries and lessening costs.
When to Mitigate:
- Crime Scene
Benefit Claims Representative:
- Improve policyholder retention
- Reduce cost per claim
- Increase satisfaction through immediate attention.
- Enhance your company reputation as a responsive insurer.
- Reduce amount of time policyholder is inconvenienced.
- Reduce amount of time business is interrupted.
- Reduce potential for mold growth.
- Reduce loss of personal valuables and belongings.
- Reduce the cost of insurance.
Benefit the Policyholder by Increasing:
- The insureds satisfaction with the claims experience.
- The insureds trust in your company as a responsive insurer.
- The potential for preserving irreplaceable items.
- The amount of structure and contents that are restored
The SERVPRO System Helps Save Money.
SERVPRO of N. Vista/ San Marcos (760)758-3454
A SMALL Leak can Turn into a BIG Problem.
Broken sprinklers can cause a lot of damage, be sure to get them checked regularly.
Sometimes we think a small leak is okay because it's "small" but if a small leak is left unseen for too long, it can actually do the most damage. The water can seep through carpet, soak up walls, and pool on flooring which will only continue to cause damage eventually turning it into a large disaster. At least much larger than it could have been.
Here are some important tips for your home:
- Identify the source and type of water
- Measure the temperature and humidity
- Survey the extent of damage and inspect for hidden moisture
- Emergency water extraction
- Move and block furniture/contents
- Inspect carpet pad
- Apply treatments if needed(deodorization)
- Utilize drying and monitoring equipment
- Dispose of refuse
Call SERVPRO of North Vista/ San Marcos if you suspect you have water damage 760-758-3454.
Experts in Water Damage & Flood Restoration!
When disaster strikes, our team is prepared with enough equipment for large losses!
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of N. Vista/ San Marcos (760)758-3454
Rain in San Diego
Our trucks are always ready and packed with enough equipment to weather the storms.
Here at SERVPRO of N.Vista/San Marcos we are not strangers to the damage that can be caused by rain. Here's our recommendation for preventing what could become a huge headache because of rain. Have your roof inspected once a year!!
Far more can happen and go wrong then a couple of ugly water stains on your ceiling. If you don't catch the leak, it could begin to rot the frame of your home. When wood gets too wet and ultimately damaged by water, it has to be replaced. So basically what could start as a little bit of water from a little bit of rain can spread causing unnecessary and expensive water damage and/or eventually mold damage costing you much more than the price of a simple inspection.
This has been one of the wettest years San Diego has seen in over 50 years. Keep dry, keep safe, and inspect your roofs San Diego.
Tips for Flooding!
Working with SERVPRO is stress-free like relaxing on the beach.
Water damage can occur with no warning. Protect your home from a flood in every way you can:
- Protect wells from taking safety improvement suggestions from a licensed contractor.
- Make sure your yard slopes away from your home to direct water away from it.
- Have a plumber install an exterior sewer backflow valve.
- Anchor fuel tanks.
- Have an electrician raise switches, sockets, circuit breakers, and wiring at least 12 inches above expected flood levels.
For winter(areas that experience snow):
- Rain can make snow melt quickly.
- Remove snow piled against home.
- Seal any cracks or gaps in foundation.
- Safely remove snow from roofs.
- Clear drains and gutters of debris and assure snow melts away from home.
Use these tips to keep the unwanted water outside your home where it belongs!
SERVPRO of North Vista/ San Marcos 760-758-3454
Keep Your Home Just The Way You Like it.
Proud Veteran Owned Business.
Homeowner tips for water damage:
- Identify the source of the leak and fix it, if you can. You may need to call a plumber at this stage.
- Turn the water off if it is a leak or broken pipe.
- Cover windows and areas of the roof if water is leaking through them.
- Move items to a drier area.
- Place wooden blocks under furniture to protect from wet carpeting.
- Place all damaged items off to the side that you want to replace-for claim purposes.
- Do not use electrical appliances when standing on wet flooring.
- Make a list of the repairs needed and take photos of the damage.
SERVPRO of N. Vista/San Marcos is available to you 24/7, 365 days a year. We are experts in mitigation! Call us as soon as the water hits so we can assure the least amount of damage is done. Call now at (760)758-3454
Flood Damage in Carlsbad Won't Ruin Christmas
Our first Google Review of 2017
The image below is our first Google Review for 2017. This was for a homeowner in Carlsbad, CA who experienced some flood damage on the Monday immediately following Thanksgiving. She took the time to write us a review because she was very fearful at the time of the flood that she would not be able to host her family for Christmas dinner. Luckily, our employees at SERVPRO of N.Vista/ San Marcos were able to throw on both our hard hats and our elf shoes and get her house all fixed up in time. She was very happy with the service and restoration services we provided (she actually told us we provided "Nordstrom level service") to her and we were very happy that we were able to help and her family spend Christmas together.
One of our New Year Resolutions is to receive more Google Reviews. So far 2017 is off to an amazing start.
Happy New Year from SERVPRO of N.Vista/San Marcos!!