Recent Water Damage Posts
SERVPRO truck in stormy weather
Southern California is not known for rainy weather but when it does rain for the few days out of the year, it comes in heavy! We are blessed to live in a beautiful place where the sun is always shining but because of that we do not really prepare ourselves and our properties for the potential damage that a rainstorm can bring. Storms show us the faulty roof tiles, and potential bad workmanship of the home in general. Sadly the only way to know these faults exist is for a rain water leak to show you. As long as SERVPRO gets out there as soon as possible to address to issue early on, it will be less damage to the home and get the home back to working condition quickly.
If you have a leak or water damage in your home or business, call us today for an inspection! (760)758-3454
Your roofing seems fine until a heavy storm hits and you find leaks all over your home. The day is gloomy, you want to stay inside and watch the rain fall from the window not from inside your living room ceiling. An option that a homeowner may have is to seal their roof. Sealing a roof includes options:
- two layers of felt
- synthetic roof membranes
- a polyurethane foam spray(for existing roofs)
When you seal your roof, it gives an extra protection against rain storms.
It is said that the roofing industry has suggested the felt paper as a way to help drain water away once it is behind the roof cover. The roof covering that you chose should be sealed with a membrane that is strong enough to be watertight, will stay in place if the primary roof blows off.
Tips For Floods
Water damage can occur with no warning. Protect your home from a flood in every way you can:
- Protect wells from taking safety improvement suggestions from a licensed contractor.
- Make sure your yard slopes away from your home to direct water away from it.
- Have a plumber install an exterior sewer backflow valve.
- Anchor fuel tanks.
- Have an electrician raise switches, sockets, circuit breakers, and wiring at least 12 inches above expected flood levels.
For winter(areas that experience snow):
- Rain can make snow melt quickly.
- Remove snow piled against home.
- Seal any cracks or gaps in foundation.
- Safely remove snow from roofs.
- Clear drains and gutters of debris and assure snow melts away from home.
SERVPRO of N. Vista/ San Marcos 760-758-3454
Tips from: https://disastersafety.org/flood/flood-infographics/
First Responder Awareness
- It reduces losses of life and property.
- It enables people to recover faster from a disaster.
- It lessens the financial impact of disasters.
SERVPRO professionals focus on reducing loss, enabling quick recoveries and lessening costs.
When to Mitigate:
- Crime Scene
Benefit Claims Representative:
- Improve policyholder retention
- Reduce cost per claim
- Increase satisfaction through immediate attention.
- Enhance your company reputation as a responsive insurer.
- Reduce amount of time policyholder is inconvenienced.
- Reduce amount of time business is interrupted.
- Reduce potential for mold growth.
- Reduce loss of personal valuables and belongings.
- Reduce the cost of insurance.
Benefit the Policyholder by Increasing:
- The insureds satisfaction with the claims experience.
- The insureds trust in your company as a responsive insurer.
- The potential for preserving irreplaceable items.
- The amount of structure and contents that are restored
The SERVPRO System Helps Save Money.
SERVPRO of N. Vista/ San Marcos (760)758-3454
A Small Leak Can Be A Huge Problem
Sometimes we think a small leak is okay because it's "small" but if a small leak is left unseen for too long, it can actually do the most damage. The water can seep through carpet, soak up walls, and pool on flooring which will only continue to cause damage eventually turning it into a large disaster. At least much larger than it could have been.
Here are some important tips for your home:
- Identify the source and type of water
- Measure the temperature and humidity
- Survey the extent of damage and inspect for hidden moisture
- Emergency water extraction
- Move and block furniture/contents
- Inspect carpet pad
- Apply treatments if needed(deodorization)
- Utilize drying and monitoring equipment
- Dispose of refuse
Call SERVPRO of N. Vista/ San Marcos if you suspect you have water damage 760-758-3454
Keep Your Home The Way It Is!
Homeowner tips for water damage:
- Identify the source of the leak and fix it, if you can. You may need to call a plumber at this stage.
- Turn the water off if it is a leak or broken pipe.
- Cover windows and areas of the roof if water is leaking through them.
- Move items to a drier area.
- Place wooden blocks under furniture to protect from wet carpeting.
- Place all damaged items off to the side that you want to replace-for claim purposes.
- Do not use electrical appliances when standing on wet flooring.
- Make a list of the repairs needed and take photos of the damage.
SERVPRO of N. Vista/San Marcos is available to you 24/7, 365 days a year. We are experts in mitigation! Call us as soon as the water hits so we can assure the least amount of damage is done. Call now at (760)758-3454
Another Great Yelp Review For Us
Our newest Yelp Review
As 2017 winds down we would like to take a moment and reflect on and celebrate the many, many, five star reviews we have received on Yelp this year. We had just around 25 reviews when the year started. We are now proud to announce that we have 58 reviews and all 58 of them are five star reviews. Our employees have been very proactive in requesting customers to leave us positive reviews and in turn our customers have been amazingly receptive to leaving them for us. Our customers have even taken the time to "shout out" specific employees in their reviews who went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service and our franchise began rewarding employees for being named in reviews. It has been a very positive year for Yelp reviews for us and we are hoping to receive even more reviews next year.
Rain in San Diego Does Actually Occur
Tut tut it looks it rain....
Here at SERVPRO of N.Vista/San Marcos we are not strangers to the damage that can be caused by rain. Here's our recommendation for preventing what could become a huge headache because of rain. Have your roof inspected once a year!!
Far more can happen and go wrong then a couple of ugly water stains on your ceiling. If you don't catch the leak, it could begin to rot the frame of your home. When wood gets too wet and ultimately damaged by water, it has to be replaced. So basically what could start as a little bit of water from a little bit of rain can spread causing unnecessary and expensive water damage and/or eventually mold damage costing you much more than the price of a simple inspection.
This has been one of the wettest years San Diego has seen in over 50 years. Keep dry, keep safe, and inspect your roofs San Diego.
Flood Damage in Carlsbad Won't Ruin Christmas
Our first Google Review of 2017
The image below is our first Google Review for 2017. This was for a homeowner in Carlsbad, CA who experienced some flood damage on the Monday immediately following Thanksgiving. She took the time to write us a review because she was very fearful at the time of the flood that she would not be able to host her family for Christmas dinner. Luckily, our employees at SERVPRO of N.Vista/ San Marcos were able to throw on both our hard hats and our elf shoes and get her house all fixed up in time. She was very happy with the service and restoration services we provided (she actually told us we provided "Nordstrom level service") to her and we were very happy that we were able to help and her family spend Christmas together.
One of our New Year Resolutions is to receive more Google Reviews. So far 2017 is off to an amazing start.
Happy New Year from SERVPRO of N.Vista/San Marcos!!
Great Customer Review on a Water Job in Chula Vista
The COS from our water damage job in Chula Vista
We love our customers and thankfully our customers love us.
We always ask our customers to complete a Certificate of Satisfaction or a COS, as we refer to them here at SERVPRO of N.Vista/San Marcos. The Certificates of Satisfaction are very important to us as they allow us to review how we performed on each job. What did we do well? What can we improve upon on the next job?
The Certificate of Satisfaction included with this blog is from a very satisfied customer we helped with some water damage in Chula Vista. Thankfully on this one it looks like there weren't any lessons to be learned on this one or any areas where we needed to make improvements. This customer was incredibly happy with the work we performed and even wrote "highly recommend" in the comments section.
We are very happy that our customer was satisfied and also very proud of our staff for providing excellent work. Your reputation is everything in the restoration industry.